Sunita Ahuja’s recent appearance at a family court with her son, Yashvardhan Ahuja, and their advocate has once again drawn attention to the ongoing speculation surrounding her marriage to actor Govinda. While Sunita did not comment on the reason for her visit, Govinda’s manager, Shashi Sinha, later confirmed that she had withdrawn the divorce petition filed against the actor.Speaking to NDTV, Sinha said he was happy that the divorce proceedings had been withdrawn but questioned why the matter had reached the court at all.
According to him, the couple’s differences had been discussed publicly for nearly one-and-a-half to two years, resulting in unnecessary damage to the family’s reputation. He stressed that disagreements are a normal part of relationships and felt that many such issues could have been handled privately.Questioning the decision to file the case in the first place, Sinha said, “Zarurat nahi thi jaane ki. Ghar ki baatein ghar mein reh ke, baith ke baatein karke, bahut sab cheezein hoti hain. Aaj wapas lena tha, to kiya tha kyun? Ye baat ka mujhe dukh ho gaya. Kahe ko phir tamaasha hum log ban gaye? (There was no need for people to know about it. Matters concerning the family could have been discussed and resolved privately, within the home.
If the intention was to withdraw the case today, then why was it filed in the first place? That is what saddens me. Why did we have to become a spectacle for everyone?).”He also maintained that Govinda had not reacted to the withdrawal. Sinha said, “Bhagwan sabko sadbuddhi dein, sab log buddhi se chalein (May God grant wisdom to everyone and may people act sensibly. That is what is best). Bas yahi achha hai. Confusion and misunderstandings within a family can be resolved by sitting together and talking. Problems may become big, but they are not impossible to sort out.”Earlier on Wednesday, Sunita was seen walking out of the family court alongside Yashvardhan.
As photographers surrounded them, she avoided discussing the purpose of the visit. Instead, she responded with her trademark humour, telling the paparazzi, “Birthday manane aaye hai (I came to celebrate birthday)” before leaving in her car.Her court appearance came amid renewed attention on her relationship with Govinda, particularly after the actor was spotted at an airport with his rumoured girlfriend, Komal Rani Swarnkar. Sunita had reacted sharply to the sighting and referred to Govinda as a ‘sugar daddy’. Govinda subsequently asked her to remain within her limits and accused her of defaming him.Govinda and Sunita tied the knot in March 1987 and initially kept their marriage private. Their daughter, Tina, was born in 1988, while their son, Yashvardhan, was born in 1997.
Reports had previously claimed that Sunita filed for divorce at Mumbai’s Bandra Family Court on December 5, 2024, invoking provisions of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, and citing allegations including adultery, cruelty and desertion. However, the couple later appeared together during Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations, seemingly putting the divorce speculation to rest. Govinda has also been seen supporting Sunita during her appearances on shows including Lock Upp Season 2 and Maa Hai Na.With Sunita now withdrawing the divorce plea, the latest development appears to bring another turn to the much-discussed chapter in the couple’s personal life.