Lucknow: As many as 866 hospitals associated with Ayushman Bharat have invited action from the govt over alleged irregularities and lapses in treatment of Ayushman card holders since 2020, an official spokesperson said on Tuesday.The action includes de-empanelling of 648 hospitals and suspension of 61 hospitals. The action, taken on the directions of chief minister Yogi Adityanath, also includes de-empanelment of specific specialties in 17 hospitals.Besides, 140 hospitals have been penalised a cumulative Rs 8.53 crore over the last two financial years, of which more than Rs 4.37 crore has been recovered, officials said.State Agency for Comprehensive Health and Integrated Services (SACHIS) CEO Archana Verma said, “The govt was closely monitoring the quality of treatment provided to Ayushman beneficiaries and hospitals failing to meet prescribed standards were being identified through data analysis.”She added, “This action is in line with the chief minister’s direction to ensure that Ayushman card holders receive quality treatment without any compromise.”In the current financial year, action has so far been taken against 318 hospitals. Of these, 242 were de-empanelled for failing to meet 35 indicators prescribed by the Centre, while 61 were suspended. The specialties of 15 hospitals were also de-empanelled.The crackdown has also been backed by financial penalties. In 2025-26, 60 hospitals were fined Rs 3.45 crore, of which Rs 3.19 crore has been recovered.In 2026-27, penalties totalling Rs 5.07 crore have been imposed on 80 hospitals, with Rs 1.17 crore recovered so far.The State Anti-Fraud Unit is using data analytics to flag suspicious patterns, including repeated admissions of the same patient, submission of identical reports and showing OPD patients as IPD admissions. Hospitals continuing to violate norms despite penalties could face suspension, officials said.