Ranveer Singh manager got calls, notes from Canada-based Bishnoi aide demanding Rs 20cr: FIR | Mumbai News

Saroj Kumar
4 Min Read


Ranveer Singh manager got calls, notes from Canada-based Bishnoi aide demanding Rs 20cr: FIR

Mumbai: Actor Ranveer Singh received multiple threat calls from Harry Boxer, a member of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang, making an extortion demand for Rs 20 crore, the FIR registered by the police on Tuesday stated.An officer said they registered the offence after getting confirmation from the Punjab and Haryana police that the voice belonged to Boxer.

Political Clash on US Trade Deal, FTAs Progress, IT Rules Rollout & More

Police have issued a lookout circular (LOC) against Boxer. A Rajasthan native, Boxer is believed to be holed up in CanadaAccording to the police, the complaint was formally lodged by Singh’s social media handler and manager Vijay Subramanian, founder and group CEO of collective Artist Network. Based on his statement, crime branch’s south region cyber cell registered the FIR on Feb 17 against Boxer. The south region cyber cell as well the anti-extortion cell (AEC) are jointly working on the case.The complaint states that Subramanian received two to three threat calls from an international number on Feb 10. When he stopped taking the calls, the caller who identified himself as Harry Boxer left three voice notes demanding Rs 20 crore. Police said that Subramanian received multiple calls on his mobile phone from an international number beginning with +340, a country code believed to be linked to the Virgin Islands. During the calls, the caller allegedly demanded money and issued threats.The calls came a week after the Feb 1 firing on filmmaker Rohit Shetty’s Juhu bungalow. The police verified the threats received from Boxer before registering the case on Singh’s manager’s complaint. Security around Singh’s residence was enhanced following the threats, and he has been advised to be cautious while travelling for film shoots.Police are also examining the role of overseas handler Arzoo Bishnoi who allegedly guides shooters and provide logistics from outside India. Arzoo’s name had found a mention in the social media post that was released after the firing on Shetty’s bungalow while Boxer’s name came up for issuing voice messages threatening Singh.Boxer left long voice notes saying “the next seven generations” would remember the outcome if they did not comply. “Ranveer singh tu kuch baat bolke mukhar gaya na thik hai, ya to tu us baat par vapas aaja, isliye nahi to mukharne ki saja kya hoti hai voh tujhe batayenge issliye voice note chod rahe hain tere liye… Rohit Shetty aur tu line par aja… Aur puri Bollywood ko bol rahein hain… Aaj jo Portugal mein firing karaya hain maine aur mere bhaine Marina Grand hain Sukhdev ki dukan pe firing ki jimmadari hum le rahein hain. (Ranveer Singh, you backed out after saying something, right? That’s fine — either you revert to your statement, otherwise we will show you what the punishment for backing out is. That’s why we are leaving this voice note for you. Rohit Shetty and you should fall in line. And we are telling the entire Bollywood as well. The firing that was carried out today in Portugal — me and my brothers take responsibility for the firing at Marina Grand and at Sukhdev’s shop).”This is second FIR filed registered against Lawrence Bishnoi gang members. Earlier on Feb 1, gunshots were fired outside filmmaker Rohit Shetty’s Juhu residence. The crime branch’s AEC, which is probing the case, has so far arrested 12 persons including the shooter Deepak Sharma who had fired at Shetty’s residence at the behest of the Shubham Lonkar faction of the Bishnoi gang.



Source link

Share This Article
Follow:
Saroj Kumar is a digital journalist and news Editor, of Aman Shanti News. He covers breaking news, Indian and global affairs, and trending stories with a focus on accuracy and credibility.