Man loses 1.9L in credit card fraud | Kolkata News

Saroj Kumar
2 Min Read


Man loses 1.9L in credit card fraud

Kolkata: A 53-year-old Rajarhat resident has alleged nearly Rs 2 lakh was fraudulently debited using his SBI credit card through two unauthorised transactions in favour of an online shopping retailer. A case has been registered at Bidhannagar Cyber Crime Police Station.Cops said the resident of a Rajarhat high-rise complex lodged a written complaint stating he received two SMS alerts around 6.27 pm and 6.28 pm on Jan 27, informing him of transactions amounting to Rs 98,564 and Rs 98,463, respectively.

Kolkata: ₹10,000cr NEP Loss, Tea Garden Owners Eye Real Estate, SIM Box Bust & More

The total amount allegedly siphoned was Rs 1,97,027. On getting the alerts, he contacted the credit card department and requested his card be blocked. He also sent a transaction dispute form to the bank and lodged a complaint on the National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal. The complainant received the transaction IDs from the bank after around 15 days.Cops said a probe was initiated to trace the beneficiaries of the transactions and examine the digital trail linked to the alleged fraud. Officials are also coordinating with the bank and the payment gateway to obtain technical details. No arrest has been reported so far.



Source link

Share This Article
Follow:
Saroj Kumar is a digital journalist and news Editor, of Aman Shanti News. He covers breaking news, Indian and global affairs, and trending stories with a focus on accuracy and credibility.