Bhagalpur collectorate evacuated after receiving bomb threat | Patna News

Aditi Singh
2 Min Read


Bhagalpur collectorate evacuated after receiving bomb threat
Bhagalpur collectorate faced a scare Tuesday after a bomb threat email, purportedly from LTTE and Pakistan’s ISI, claimed RDX devices were planted. The premises were evacuated for a thorough security sweep. Bizarre demands were made, including renaming a road and ending EWS reservations.

Patna: Bhagalpur collectorate was thrown into chaos on Tuesday morning after receiving a bomb threat via email. Following the threat, the premises were evacuated and a massive security check involving police, bomb and dog squads was launched.The email was received by DM Nawal Kishore Choudhary around 7.44am. The sender, claiming to represent “Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam” and “Pakistan’s ISI,” stated that five RDX bombs had been planted near the DM’s chamber. The message threatened that the bombs would be detonated at 11.15am via remote control from a distance of up to 100 feet. The threat mail contained bizarre demands, such as renaming a road in Tamil Nadu and ending Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) reservations.After receiving the email, the DM immediately alerted state headquarters and SSP Pramod Kumar Yadav. DSP Ajay Kumar Chaudhary arrived at the collectorate with police force, bomb disposal and dog squads. As a precaution, the entire campus was evacuated. Entry points were sealed, and a comprehensive search began using specialised equipment, including detectors and sniffer dogs.The DSP said no suspicious objects or explosives were found. “Security remains heightened, with monitoring of movement of people,” Chaudhary said.Following the threat, the Bhagalpur cybercell launched an investigation to trace the email’s IP address and identify the sender. Authorities suspect it may be a hoax, consistent with recent patterns. This is the third such incident in Bhagalpur in recent weeks. Earlier, threats were issued to the Bhagalpur civil court on Jan 28 and Feb 8.



Source link

Share This Article
Satish Kumar – Editor, Aman Shanti News