Illegal constructions linked to gang rape accused demolished | Kanpur News

Satish Kumar
3 Min Read



Kanpur: The tehsil administration in Farrukhabad demolished illegal constructions allegedly linked to a gang-rape accused in Kampil police station area on Tuesday. Bulldozers were used to remove encroachments from govt land amid heavy police deployment.Officials said the action followed a case registered on Sept 11, 2025, against coaching operator Shibu and his associates Salman and Anas, accused of gang-raping a female student after administering intoxicating substances and threatening her by recording a video. All three were sent to jail on Sept 13. Since the incident, locals had been demanding stringent action against the accused.Citing the gravity of the offence, the administration initiated proceedings under Section 67 of the Uttar Pradesh Revenue Code, issuing notices on the illegal constructions four days ago. On Monday evening, under the supervision of Naib Tehsildar Anwar Hussain of Shamsabad, revenue officials measured and marked the encroachments. Authorities said shops located in front of the coaching centre, allegedly linked to the accused, were found encroaching by about three feet and were demolished on Tuesday morning. The shop owner later requested the administration to proceed with the demolition.Under the supervision of Sub-Divisional Magistrate Atul Kumar Singh, a joint team of police and revenue officials conducted the drive. Illegal encroachments on Navin Parti land at Gata number 336 in Nizamuddinpur village—Anas’s native place—were also removed. Additionally, illegal portions of shops and houses belonging to Shibu and Salman on Ganga Road, along with other encroachments near the main intersection, were demolished.During the operation, the administration also demarcated Shakeel Market. The revenue team claimed that a portion of the market stood on cemetery land. However, market owner Shakeel refuted the allegation, stating that the construction followed an approved municipal map and that the matter was pending before the High Court. He also denied any connection with the accused.House owner Awez Ali of Manjhgaonpur said a computer centre operated from his building, which he had rented to his nephew. He claimed he had no direct link to the incident and possessed valid rent agreements and documents, adding that the administration should have heard his version before taking action.SDM Atul Kumar Singh, Circle Officer Rajesh Kumar Dwivedi and a large police force were present during the drive.



Source link

Share This Article
Follow:
Satish Kumar is a digital journalist and news publisher, founder of Aman Shanti News. He covers breaking news, Indian and global affairs, politics, business, and trending stories with a focus on accuracy and credibility.