Second witness expected to take stand at Frank Stronach’s sex assault trial – Toronto

Saroj Kumar
2 Min Read


Another witness is expected to take the stand today at the sexual assault trial of billionaire businessman Frank Stronach.

The judge-alone trial began in Toronto last Thursday after more than a week of delay.

Stronach, who is 93, has pleaded not guilty to a dozen charges related to seven complainants over alleged incidents that date as far back as the 1970s.

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

Get breaking National news

For news impacting Canada and around the world, sign up for breaking news alerts delivered directly to you when they happen.

The first complainant, a woman in her 60s, told the court last week that Stronach came over with champagne when she was at his restaurant with friends in the early 1980s, then groped her on the dance floor.

She testified that she woke up in an unknown place later that night and realized he was raping her.

The defence suggested the woman’s narrative of what happened has evolved with time, highlighting discrepancies in what she told police, media and the court over the years.


&copy 2026 The Canadian Press



Source link

Share This Article
Follow:
Saroj Kumar is a digital journalist and news Editor, of Aman Shanti News. He covers breaking news, Indian and global affairs, and trending stories with a focus on accuracy and credibility.