KP may move HC to oppose bail to 9 in Kankulia case | Kolkata News

Saroj Kumar
2 Min Read


KP may move HC to oppose bail to 9 in Kankulia case

Kolkata: Kolkata Police is considering to move to Calcutta High Court to seek bail cancellation of nine accused in connection with the Kankulia violence of Feb 1, officers said on Sunday. Police said they plan to file a petition against nine of the 17 persons released on bail, identifying them as ‘masterminds’ in the case. Investigators said two of the nine are believed to be close to Kasba-Tiljala strongman, Sona Pappu. So far, 23 persons had been arrested in the case.Pappu, named in the FIR, has not been arrested yet, police said. Officers did not specify whether any non-bailable warrant has been issued against him or whether he is absconding. But efforts to trace him are continuing.Cops said they were reviewing the bail orders and the case diary.In a separate incident on Sunday, a 17-year-old female resident alleged that a clash broke out at Kankulia around 10 pm following an argument over a chair with her family at a local club. She alleged a group assaulted her family and tore their clothes. She further alleged that when she and her mother tried to intervene, women from the other side also attacked them. The assailants left after neighbours arrived on hearing their cries, she claimed. Gariahat police registered a case based on the complaint.



Source link

Share This Article
Follow:
Saroj Kumar is a digital journalist and news Editor, of Aman Shanti News. He covers breaking news, Indian and global affairs, and trending stories with a focus on accuracy and credibility.